Since January 1, 2012, Mark Simonson has been putting all other type bloggers to shame – his New Year’s Resolution was to post every day, and he’s been keeping pretty good on his word. My last TypeOff. post, in comparison, was on October 13, 2011!
Today, however, he moved me out of my complacency by posting a history of his commutes, from 1976 to the present. I can only go back to 1999 with this counter-post.
- 1999: 45 minutes by car from Providence, Rhode Island to Taunton, Massachusetts
- 2000: 20 minutes by car from Providence, Rhode Island to Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- 2000: 30 minutes by El. train/foot from Chicago (Belmont) to Chicago (Navy Pier)
- 2001: 20 minutes by car from Central Falls, Rhode Island to Providence, Rhode Island
- 2001: 25 minutes by foot from Providence, Rhode Island (East Side) to Providence, Rhode Isand (West Side)
- 2002: 60 minutes by train from Baltimore, Maryland to Washington, DC
- 2003: 60 minutes by S-Bahn from Wiesbaden to Offenbach
- 2004: 90 minutes by S-Bahn from Wiesbaden to Bad Homburg
- 2007: 60 minutes by S-Bahn from Offenbach to Bad Homburg
- 2009: 330 minutes by train from Berlin to Bad Homburg
- 2011: 90 minutes by train from Berlin to Braunschweig
I win, Mr. Simonson!