I finally got the guarantee letters for my student loans in the mail today—only about five months after their actual approval. But now my countdown may finally begin in earnest: just 36 days to go before I head for the UK! And only about 16 of those’ll be “days on the job;” I suspect that my last day at work—in Germany—will be on September 28th. At least until late-2008, that is.
Moreover, this is my last weekend at home. Next weekend, as well as the weekend after that, I’ll be in Berlin. Thereafter follows the ATypI conference in Brighton. After ATypI, I’ve two weeks left in the office, punctuated by two moves (Anke’s and mine).
Still to do
- Find an apartment
- Apply for entry clearance into the United Kingdom
- Cancel my phone service with this fine company
- Tell this other fine company what to do with my money
- Help them help me
- Get rid of this awful thing
- Pray for the dollar not to sink much further against the pound
- Read my fresh copies of Modern Typography and While You’re Reading